Thursday, August 20, 2026

High Mountains



I come back from the high mountains that 

don't talk, not even murmur

I love it as I prefer to stay quiet 

Reticent as if words can hurt

Cut like a knife without wound

But leave scar like tattoo

I just glimpse at the mountains 

Occasionally stare briefly 

They nod when they read my thoughts 

I feel they move closer

So close that I can feel the warmth of snow

Still, we don't talk

Wordless is the best answer to many questions 

Quietness is the cure for all pains

High mountains know that

I know that too but tongue sometimes slips

I am no high mountains

I can only walk to their abodes

Knock softly on their door

No one will answer 

Not every knock will get an echo in life

People say words can heal

High mountains know it is fallacious

Words sometimes can deepen the wounds

We heal on our own 

Still, we don't talk

They find peace in silence

I find silence in peace

No comments: